[El-errata] Oracle Linux 7 Update 3 Release for x86_64

Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Thu Nov 10 11:29:22 PST 2016

Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux 7 Update 3

Oracle Linux 7 Update 3 includes the following kernels:

     kernel-3.10.0-514.el7
            Red Hat Compatible Kernel (RHCK).

     kernel-uek-4.1.2-61.1.8.el7uek
            Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 4 (UEK R4), which is the default kernel.

Features that are currently under technology preview when using UEK R4u2 are described inOracle Linux Release Notes for Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 4
Update 2 <http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E78976/html/index.html>.

For the RHCK, the following features are currently under technology preview:

Systemd:

    * Importd features for container image imports and exports

File Systems:

    * DAX (Direct Access) for direct persistent memory mapping from an application. This is under technical preview for the ext4 and XFS file systems.

    * Block and object storage layouts for parallel NFS (pNFS).

    * SCSI layout for parallel NFS (pNFS), including syupport for both client and server configurations.

    * OverlayFS remains in technical preview.

    * btrfs file system. Oracle supports btrfs with UEK R3 and UEK R4.

Kernel:

    * Heterogeneous memory management (HMM).

    * Usernamespace (security features for isolating Linux containers from the host).

    * 10GbE RoCE Express for RDMA.

    * ocrdma and libocrdma packages for RDMA over RoCE.

    * No-IOMMU mode virtual I/O feature.

Networking:

    * Support for a Cisco proprietary User Space Network Interface Controller in UCM servers provided in the libusnic_verbs driver

    * Cisco VIC Infiniband kernel driver that provides similar functionality to RDMA on proprietary Cisco architectures.

    * Trusted Network Connect.

    * Single-Root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) in the qlcnic driver.

    * nftables and libnftnl network filtering and classification functionality

Storage

    * LVM2 support for RAID-level takeover (striped RAID4, linear RAID1 and mirror RAID1)

    * Multi-queue I/O scheduling for SCSI (scsi-mq). This functionality is disabled by default.

    * The plug-in for the libStorageMgmt API used for storage array management. The libStorageMgmt API is now fully supported, but the plugin is under technology preview.

    * DIF/DIX for data integrity checking on SCSI devices other than certain, specified native HBA and storage hardware. Oracle supports DIF/DIX with UEK R3 and UEK R4.

For more information, please refer to the online release notes available at:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E79987/html/index.html

Software Accessibility

All packages are available on theUnbreakable Linux Network <http://linux.oracle.com>  .

Installable binary and source ISO images will available onOracle Software Delivery Cloud <http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux>  shortly.

If ISO images are needed before they are available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud, please request these via a My Oracle Support service request.

Thank You

Sincerely.

The Oracle Linux Team