[El-errata] Oracle Linux 7 Update 1 Release for x86_64

Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Thu Mar 12 02:17:27 PDT 2015

Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux 7 Update 1

Oracle Linux 7 Update 1 includes the following kernels:

    kernel-3.10.0-229.el7
           Red Hat Compatible Kernel (RHCK).

    kernel-uek-3.8.13-55.1.6.el7uek
           Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 (UEK R3), which is the default kernel.

The following features are still under development, but are made available for testing and evaluation purposes with UEK R3:

      * DRBD (Distributed Replicated Block Device)

      * Transcendent memory

      * UEFI Secure Boot

    For the RHCK, the following features are currently under technology preview:

      * Active Directory and LDAP sudo providers.

      * Block and object storage layouts for parallel NFS (pNFS).

      * Block device caching by LVM, which allows small, fast devices to act as caches for large, slow devices.

      * btrfs file system. Oracle supports btrfs with UEK R3.

      * Crash kernel can be configured to boot with more than a single CPU.

      * DIF/DIX for data integrity checking on SCSI devices.

      * LSI Syncro CS feature in the megaraid_sas driver to support High-Availability Direct-Attached storage (HA-DAS) adapters.

      * LVM API.

      * More than 32 PCI slots can be configured with PCI Bridge in QEMU.

      * OpenLMI Software Provider.

      * PCI Express Bus, AHCI Bus, and USB 3.0 host adapter emulation are provided for KVM guests.

      * SCAP Workbench and the OSCAP Anaconda add-on.

      * Single-Root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) in the qlcnic driver.

      * Storage array management, which includes a command-line interface and the libStorageMgmt API.

      * The dm-era device-mapper target records changes made to blocks over a specified time period.

      * Trusted Network Connect.

      * virtio-blk-data-plane in Quick EMUlator (QEMU) improves block I/O performance.

For more information, please refer to the online release notes available at:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E60259/html/index.html  <http://oss.oracle.com/ol6/docs>

Software Accessibility

All packages are available on theUnbreakable Linux Network  <http://linux.oracle.com>.

Installable binary and source ISO images will available onOracle Software Delivery Cloud  <http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux>  shortly.

If ISO images are needed before they are available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud, please request these via a My Oracle Support service request.

Thank You

Sincerely.

The Oracle Linux Team