[El-errata] New updates available via Ksplice (ELBA-2014-3008)

Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Feb 10 07:39:10 PST 2014

Synopsis: ELBA-2014-3008 can now be patched using Ksplice

Users with Oracle Linux Premier Support can now use Ksplice to patch
against the latest Oracle kernel update, ELBA-2014-3008.

INSTALLING THE UPDATES

We recommend that all users of Ksplice Uptrack on EL 5 install these
updates.

On systems that have "autoinstall = yes" in /etc/uptrack/uptrack.conf,
these updates will be installed automatically and you do not need to
take any action.

Alternatively, you can install these updates by running:

# /usr/sbin/uptrack-upgrade -y

DESCRIPTION

* Performance degradation in OCFS2 coherency mount options.

The default coherency setting for OCFS2 volumes is 'full' which can cause
performance degradation. This update changes the default coherency option to
'buffered'.

* Increase default number of gigabit ethernet RSS Descriptor queues.

Increase the default number of gigabit ethernet Receive-Side Scaling Descriptor
queues to increase network throughput.

* Deadlock in Infiniband SCSI RDMA Protocol cache.

Incorrect locking when the fast memory registration cache is used in an SRP
client can cause a deadlock and kernel panic.

* Deadlock in 8250 serial auto-configuration.

Incorrect locking in the 8250 serial device driver can causes a deadlock and
kernel panic when auto-configuring a serial device.

* Data corruption in SunRPC direct IO transmission.

When a SunRPC client fails a direct IO operation, a use-after-free condition can
be triggered causing corrupted data to be sent to the server when re-trying the
operation.

* Memory corruption in block core on control group queue initialization failure.

Incorrect error handling could result in memory corruption and a kernel
crash when queue initialization fails.

* Task hang on OCFS filesystems with asynchronous I/O+fsync race.

Incorrect locking could cause a race condition between synchronizing
asynchronous I/O operations with the filesystem.  This could cause the
writing process to hang indefinitely.

SUPPORT

Ksplice support is available at ksplice-support_ww at oracle.com.