[El-errata] ELEA-2012-1488 Oracle Linux 4 tzdata enhancement update
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 17:01:21 PST 2012
Oracle Linux Enhancement Advisory ELEA-2012-1488
The following updated rpms for Oracle Linux 4 have been uploaded to the
Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of changes:
- Backported fixes from 2012i-2 version of Oracle Linux 5
- Preserve hardlinks that zic leaves behind, install with cp -d (Petr
Machata -pmachata at redhat.com)
- Upstream 2012i
- Cuba switched to DST
- Switch back to using system zic, ignore upstream Makefile at all.
(Petr Machata - pmachata at redhat.com)
- Drop Factory from distribution (Petr Machata - pmachata at redhat.com)
- Upstream 2012h
- Brazilian state Bahia no longer has DST.
- Brazilian state Tocantins now has DST.
- Israel has new DST rules next year.
- Jordan stays on DST this winter.
- Upstream 2012g
- Adjust the packaging for new Makefile
- Palestine: Fall transition was Sep 21, not Sep 28
- Samoa: Daylight Saving Time commences on Sunday 30th September
2012 and ends on Sunday 7th of April 2013.
- Upstream 2012f
- Fiji will start daylight savings at 2 am on Sunday 21st October 2012
and end at 3 am on Sunday 20th January 2013. Guess it will be like
that in following years as well.
- Upstream 2012e
- Tokelau is in time zone UTC+13, not UTC+14 (and always was)
- Upstream 2012d
- Morocco will not observe DST during the month of Ramadan.
DST cessation end date was corrected.
- Drop tzdata-2012c-morocco.patch
More information about the El-errata