[El-errata] Oracle RDBMS Server 11gR2 Pre-Install RPM for Oracle Linux 6 x86_64 (64 Bit) architecture
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Thu Mar 29 21:10:56 PDT 2012
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of the Oracle RDBMS Server 11gR2
Pre-Install RPM for Oracle Linux 6 x86_64 (64 Bit) architecture.
This package replaces the previous Oracle Validated RPM.
You can complete most preinstallation configuration tasks by using the Oracle RDBMS Server 11gR2
Pre-install RPM, available from the Unbreakable Linux Network, or via the Oracle Public Yum
When it is installed, the Oracle RDBMS Pre-install RPM does the following:
* Automatically installs any additional packages needed for installing Oracle Grid
Infrastructure and Oracle Database 11gR2 (220.127.116.11).
* Creates an oracle user, and creates the oraInventory (oinstall) and OSDBA (dba) groups for
that user. For security purposes, this user has no password by default and cannot login
remotely. To enable remote login, please set a password using the "passwd" tool.
* Sets and verifies sysctl.conf settings, system startup parameters, user limits, and driver
parameters to the minimum acceptable values based on recommendations from the Oracle Database
Installation Guide and the Oracle Validated Configurations program.
Removal of the Oracle RDBMS Server 11gR2 Pre-install RPM will restore the following files to
the version prior to inital installation:
If you make further changes to these files after installing the Oracle RDBMS Server 11gR2
Pre-install RPM, please make a backup of your changed files and manually restore them after the
package removal is complete.
Description of changes:
- Added smartmontools as dependency, bz13653
- kernel.shmall=1073741824 as per bz7256
- kernel.shmmax=4398046511104 as per bz7256
- stack hard = 32768 as per doc max limit
- Renamed rpm to oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall
- Included xorg-x11-utils xorg-x11-xauth as dependency bz13653
- Included kernel-uek as dependency.
- fs.aio-max-nr=1048576 to match document,bz13653
- kernel.shmall=2097152 to match document,bz13653
- kernel.shmmax=536870912 to match document,bz13653
- nofile soft = 1024 to match document,bz13653
- nofile hard = 65536 to match document,bz13653
- nproc soft = 2047 to match document,bz13653
- nproc hard = 16384 to match document,bz13653
- stack soft = 10240 to match document,bz13653
- stack hard = 10240 to match document,bz13653
- removed util-linux and added util-linux-ng (fork of util-linux)
- removed openssh and added openssh-clients bz13173
- removed 32 bit dependency for x86_64 as per st docs.
- removed kernel-uek-headers/kernel-headers
- disable login for oracle user for bug12623491
- Merge fix
- Removed msgmni, msgmnb, msgmax for bz11029
- Increase stack limit for oracle user bz11683
- bugfix for bug11656858
- added compat-libcap1 dependency bz12221
- move link creation to install part bz11030
- removed comment related to bugdb6820451
- removed flowcontrol settings bz11508
- Removed 10G related info from oracle-rdbms-server-11gR2-preinstall.param
- Changed kernel.semmni to 128 as per 11203crs-cvu_prereq.xml
- removed vm.min_free_kbytes
- removed readme
- Changed requirement for x86_64 arch
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com) or the Oracle Public
Yum Repository (http://public-yum.oracle.com)
For more information, please visit http://linux.oracle.com
More information about the El-errata