[El-errata] Oracle Linux Release 5 Update 8 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Fri Mar 2 11:08:47 PST 2012
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux Release 5 Update 8 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures.
Oracle Linux 5.8 ships with following three sets of kernel packages
* Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel [kernel-uek-2.6.32-300.10.1.el5uek]
o Installed and booted by default
* Red Hat compatible Kernel [kernel-2.6.18-308.el5].
o Installed by default
* Red Hat compatible Kernel with bug fixes added by Oracle [kernel-2.6.18-308.0.0.0.1.el5]
o This kernel, available on x86 and x86-64, can only be installed manually.
This update includes the following kernel/driver changes:
Bug Fixes added by Oracle
* Fix __put_nfs_open_context() NULL pointer panic [orabug 12687646]
* Fix scsi hotplug and rescan race [orabug 10260172]
* Fix filp_close() race [orabug 10335998]
* Fix missing aio_complete() in end_io [orabug 10365195]
* Make xenkbd.abs_pointer=1 by default [orabug 67188919]
* Check to see if hypervisor supports memory reservation change [orabug 7556514]
* Enable entropy for bnx2,bnx2x,e1000e,igb,ixgb,ixgbe,ixgbevf [orabug 10315433]
* Add xen pv netconsole support [orabug 6993043] [bz 7258]
* shrink_zone patch [orabug 6086839]
* Fix aacraid not to reset during kexec [orabug 8516042]
* Patch rds to 1.4.2-20 [orabug 9471572, 9344105]
* Fix BUG_ONs to not fire when in a tasklet -RDS
* Fix lockup of the tx queue - ipoib
* Do not call set_page_dirty() with irqs off - RDS
* Properly unmap when getting a remote access error - RDS
* Fix locking in rds_send_drop_to() - RDS
* Too many getattr and access calls after direct I/O [orabug 9348191]
* Fix PVHVM guest with PoD crash under memory pressure [orabug 9107465]
* Fix PV guest with FC HBA hang during shutdown [orabug 9764220]
* Support 256GB+ memory for pv guest [orabug 9450615]
* Fix overcommit memory to use percpu_counter [orabug 6124033]
* Make configurable timeouts for kcs of ipmi [orabug 9752208]
* Fix memory corruption - ipoib [orabug 9972346]
* Patch removes limit on number of retries an aio can submit [orabug 10044782]
* Do not call loop_unplug for not configured loop device [orabug 10314497]
* Link detection does not work with 802.3ad bonding [orabug 12377284]
Driver Updates from the upstream distribution provider
* The megaraid driver to version 5.40, which provides a fix for FastPath I/O to work with degraded RAID 1.
* The qla2xxx 4G and 8G driver firmware to version 5.06.01.
* The qla2xxx driver to version 8.03.07.09.05.08-k, which provides support for ISP82xx to capture a dump (a minidump) on when failure occurs.
* The qla4xxx driver to version 5.02.04.00.05.08-d0.
* The lpfc driver to version 220.127.116.11.1p.
* The bnx2i driver to version 18.104.22.168.
* The bfa firmware to version 22.214.171.124.
* The mpt2sas driver to version 09.100.00.00, which adds support for customer specific branding.
* The mptsas driver to version 3.04.20rh.
* The uIP driver to version 0.7.0.12 as a part of the updated iscsi-initiator-utils package.
* The megaraid_sas driver to version 5.40-rh1.
* The bnx2x driver firmware to version 7.0.23, which provides support for new Broadcom 578xx chips.
* The bnx2x driver to version 1.70.x.
* The bnx2i driver to version 126.96.36.199+.
* The bnx2 driver to version 2.1.11.
* The cnic driver to version 2.5.3+.
* The netxen_nic driver to version 4.0.77, which adds support for VLAN RX HW acceleration.
* The tg3 driver to version 3.119.
* The ixgbe driver to upstream version 3.4.8-k.
* The ixgbevf driver to upstream version 2.1.0-k.
* The e1000e driver to version 1.4.4.
* The bna driver to version 188.8.131.52, which provides support for the Brocade 1860 AnyIO Fabric Adapter.
* The qlge driver to version 1.00.00.29.
* The qlcnic driver to version 5.0.18.
* The enic driver to version 184.108.40.206.
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com).
Installable binary and source ISO images will be available athttp://edelivery.oracle.com <athttp://edelivery.oracle.com> shortly.
If ISO images are needed before they are available on eDelivery, please request these via a Metalink service request.
For more information please visithttp://linux.oracle.com <visithttp://linux.oracle.com>
Oracle Linux Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the El-errata