[El-errata] Oracle Linux Release 5 Update 6 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures
Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Sat Jan 22 08:40:19 PST 2011
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux Release 5 Update 6 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures.
Oracle Linux 5.6 ships with following three sets of kernel packages
* Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel [kernel-uek-2.6.32-100.26.1.el5]
o Only available on x86_64 (64bit) platform
o This kernel will be installed by default
* Red Hat compatible Kernel [kernel-2.6.18-238.el5].
o This kernel is installed by default.
* Red Hat compatible Kernel with bug fixes added by Oracle
o This kernel, available on x86 and x86-64 , can only be
installed manually (see below for details)
This update includes the following kernel/driver changes:
Bug Fixes added by Oracle
* Fix filp_close() race [orabug 10335998]
* Fix missing aio_complete() in end_io [orabug 10365195]
* Make xenkbd.abs_pointer=1 by default [orabug 67188919]
* Check to see if hypervisor supports memory reservation change [orabug 7556514]
* Enable entropy for bnx2,bnx2x,e1000e,igb,ixgb,ixgbe,ixgbevf[orabug 10315433]
* Add xen pv netconsole support [orabug 6993043] [bz 7258]
* shrink_zone patch [orabug 6086839]
* Fix aacraid not to reset during kexec [orabug 8516042]
* Patch rds to 1.4.2-20 [orabug 9471572, 9344105]
* Fix BUG_ONs to not fire when in a tasklet -RDS
* Fix lockup of the tx queue - ipoib
* Do not call set_page_dirty() with irqs off - RDS
* Properly unmap when getting a remote access error - RDS
* Fix locking in rds_send_drop_to() - RDS
* Fix qla not to query hccr [Orabug 8746702]
* Too many getattr and access calls after direct I/O [orabug 9348191]
* PVHVM guest with PoD crashes under memory pressure [orabug 9107465]
* PV guest with FC HBA hangs during shutdown [orabug 9764220]
* Support 256GB+ memory for pv guest [orabug 9450615]
* Fix overcommit memory to use percpu_counter [orabug 6124033]
* Make configurable timeouts for kcs of ipmi [orabug 9752208]
* Fix memory corruption - ipoib [orabug 9972346]
* Patch removes limit on number of retries an aio can submit [orabug 10044782]
* Do not call loop_unplug for not configured loop device [orabug 10314497]
Fixes/Additions from the upstream distribution provider
* The tpm_tis driver is automatically loaded at boot time.
* Added support for ITE-887x chips
* Updated qeth driver to add support for the OSX and OSM OSA CHPIDtypes.
* Updated High Definition Audio (ALSA-HDA) drivers.
* System Tap updated to version 1.3. to provide an integratedcompile-server client, automatic
structure prettyprinting, faster and improved stack backtraces, and new sample scripts.
* Updated Kernel Probes (kprobes) implementation
* Updated Per-task statistics interface (taskstats)
* Added support for TCP cubic congested control
* Added support for the one packet scheduler in the networking stack
* Added networking tuning parameters, ip_local_reserved_ports and ip_local_port_range. These
parameters allow users to reserve portsfor third-party applications, and blacklist known offending ports.
* Added parameter /proc/sys/vm/vm_devzero_optimized to skip ZERO_PAGE mmap of /dev/zero device
* Enhanced iSNS, in the iSCSI Initiator, and the iSNS server
* I/O AT (I/O Acceleration Technology) and DCA drivers have been updated.
* Added support for zd1211 driver for the ZyDAS ZD1211(b) 802.11a/b/g USB WLAN device .
* Updated qlcnic driver to the latest upstream version
* Updated be2net driver for ServerEngines BladeEngine2 10Gbps network devices to version 2.102.512r
* Updated bnx2 driver to version 2.0.8
* Updated bnx2x driver to version 1.52.53-4
* Updated forcedeth ethernet driver for NVIDIA nForce devices to the latest upstream version
* Updated e1000e driver to version 1.2.7-k2
* Updated enic driver for Cisco 10G Ethernet devices to version 126.96.36.199
* Updated igb driver for Intel Gigabit Ethernet Adapters to support PCI-AER
* Updated ixgbe driver to version 2.0.84-k2
* Updated netxen driver to version 4.0.73
* Updated qlge driver to version 1.00.00.25
* Updated Solarflare driver (sfc) to version 2.6.36-4c1
* Updated tg3 driver to version 3.108+
* Updated vxge driver for Neterion's X3100 Series 10GbE PCIe devices to version 188.8.131.5282-k
* Updated cciss driver for HP Smart Array controllers to version 3.6.22.RH1
* Updated qla4xxx driver to version 5.02.03.00.05.06-d1
* Updated bnx2i driver to version 2.1.3.
* Updated lpfc driver to version 184.108.40.206
* Updated ipr driver to version 220.127.116.11
* Updated 3w-sas driver to version 3.26.00.028-2.6.18RH
* Updated 3w-xxxx driver to version 2.26.08.007-2.6.18RH
* Updated cxgb3i driver for Chelsio host bus adapters (HBAs) .
* Updated megaraid_sas driver to version 4.31
* Updated mpt2sas driver to version 05.101.00.02
* Updated qla2xxx driver to version 8.03.01.05.05.06-k
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com).
Installable binary and source ISO images will be available athttp://edelivery.oracle.com shortly.
If ISO images are needed before they are available on eDelivery, please request these via a Metalink service request.
For more information please visithttp://linux.oracle.com
Oracle Linux Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the El-errata