[El-errata] ELBA-2010-0538 Enterprise Linux 4 nss_ldap bug fix update

Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Jul 19 10:22:48 PDT 2010

Enterprise Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2010-0538

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0538.html

The following updated rpms for Enterprise Linux 4 have been uploaded to
the Unbreakable Linux Network:

i386:
nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.i386.rpm

x86_64:
nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.i386.rpm
nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.x86_64.rpm

ia64:
nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.i386.rpm
nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.ia64.rpm

SRPMS:
http://oss.oracle.com/el4/SRPMS-updates/nss_ldap-253-7.el4_8.3.src.rpm

Description of changes:

[253-7.3]
- pull in fix for upstream #297, to just return a failure if our
gethostbyname2
  is asked to find IPv6 addresses by the caller but we weren't built
with IPv6
  support (#602966)

[253-7.2]
- pull in fix for not closing a oneshot connection while we're in the
middle of
  answering a specific query (#584502)
- pull in updated version of patch from upstream bug #305 to drop
connection if
  we get any error while trying to read the peer's address for what we
thought
  was our socket (Jeff Bastian, #584499)
- when closing a context, clean it up so that we won't try to issue an
abandon
  when we go to use it again for something else (#602964)