[El-errata] ELBA-2010-0523 Enterprise Linux 5 crash bug fix update
Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Tue Jul 13 01:36:09 PDT 2010
Enterprise Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2010-0523
The following updated rpms for Enterprise Linux 5 have been uploaded to
the Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of changes:
- Fix for xen vmcore's > 4GB (Tina Yang) [orabug 9770239]
- Updated the description in specfile to be product neutral
- Added crash-oracle.patch
- Fix for backtrace of x86 NMI-interrupted task with a user exception frame
from a syscall exception that had not called the requested system call
Fix for backtrace when a newly-forked x86 task's resumption EIP address
value is set to the "ret_from_fork" entry point by copy_thread().
- Fix for segmentation violation with the "mach -m" command option on x86
or x86_64 systems whose BIOS-provided e820 map contains EFI-related memory
type value that has not been mapped to an E820 type.
- Fix for the "kmem -s list" command option to prevent it from attempting
to gather a slab cache name string from the "cache_chain" list_head.
- Change the ppc64 cpu count displayed by the initial system banner
and by the "sys" and "mach" commands to be the number of cpus online.
- Fix for backtrace of an x86_64 NMI-interrupted task which had not
swapped its RSP from the user-space stack to the kernel stack.
More information about the El-errata