[El-errata] ELBA-2010-0992 Oracle Linux 5 nss_ldap bug fix update

Errata Announcements for Oracle Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Thu Dec 16 20:44:05 PST 2010

Oracle Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2010-0992

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0992.html

The following updated rpms for Oracle Linux 5 have been uploaded to the
Unbreakable Linux Network:

i386:
nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.i386.rpm

x86_64:
nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.i386.rpm
nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.x86_64.rpm

ia64:
nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.i386.rpm
nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.ia64.rpm

SRPMS:
http://oss.oracle.com/el5/SRPMS-updates/nss_ldap-253-25.el5_5.3.src.rpm

Description of changes:

[253-25.3]
- add proposed patch for upstream #421: sometimes errno gets reset before we
  return control to libc (#662939)

[253-25.2]
- don't unconditionaly set up a new LDAP structure every time we try to read
  someone's supplemental groups list, regardless of whether or not we did so
  previously, and clean the connection up completely if we fail to get a
  response or parse it (#660456, from upstream #418 and #392 via Olivier
  Fourdan)

[253-25.1]
- link nss_ldap and pam_ldap with -z nodelete so that memory allocated by
  library dependencies which is lost at unload doesn't leak, for the sake
  of applications which call PAM for authentication many times over (Mark
  Goodwin, #660236)
- fix some memory leaks in pam_ldap (upstream #326,#333, part of #660236)
- fix an uninitialized variable error (Mark Goodwin, part of #660236)