[El-errata] Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 5 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures
Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Wed Apr 7 16:05:13 PDT 2010
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 5 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures.
This update includes the following kernel/driver changes:
Bug Fixes added by Oracle
* Fix qla not to query hccr [orabug 8746702]
* update rds to 4.0-ora-1.4.2-10 [orabug 9168046]
* Revert return code check to avoid EIO [orabug 9448515]
* Check to see if hypervisor supports memory reservation change [orabug 7556514]
* Add entropy support to igb [orabug 7607479]
* Convert ENETUNREACH to ENOTCONN [orabug 7689332]
* Add xen pv/bonding netconsole support [orabug 6993043]
* Shrink zone patch [orabug 6086839]
* Fix aacraid not to reset during kexec [orabug 8516042]
* Fix failure of file creation from hpux client [orabug 7579314]
* FP register state is corrupted during the handling a SIGSEGV [orabug 7708133]
Fixes/Additions from the upstream distribution provider
* Introduced support for Intel's new platforms, code-named
Boxboro-EX and Boxboro-MC, AMD's new processor family, code-named
* Added new kernel flag CONFIG_DETECT_HUNG_TASK to enable detecting
tasks stuck in D-state. When set to "y" tasks stuck in the D-State
are detected; when set to n it is off. The default value for this
flag is y.
* Added new flag CONFIG_BOOTPARAM_HUNG_TASK_PANIC .When set to y, a
kernel panic is triggered when a task is detected to be stuck in
the D-State. The default value for this flag flag is n.
* The recommended minimal memory requirement on x86 and x86_64 is
now 1GB per logical CPU.
* Added Solarflare driver (sfc) .
* Enabled ath9k driver for Atheros 802.11n wireless LAN adapters .
* The following drivers are updated
o vxge driver for Neterion's X3100 Series 10GbE PCIe devices .
o be2net driver for ServerEngines BladeEngine2 10Gbps network devices.
o enic driver for Cisco 10G Ethernet devices to version 220.127.116.11.
o qlge driver for QLogic 10 Gigabit PCI-E ethernet devices to version 1.00.00.23.
o tg3 driver for Broadcom Tigon3 ethernet devices .
o igb driver for Intel Gigabit Ethernet Network.
o ixgbe driver for Intel 10 Gigabit PCI Express Network devices.
o e1000 driver for Intel PRO/1000 network devices.
o netxen driver for NetXen Multi port (1/10) Gigabit Network devices.
o bnx2x driver for Broadcom Everest network devices to version 1.52.1-5.
o bnx2 driver for Broadcom NetXtreme II network devices to version 2.0.2
o bnx2i driver for Broadcom NetXtreme II iSCSI .
o r8169 driver for RealTek 8169 ethernet devices.
* Updated qla2xxx driver for QLogic Fibre Channel HBAs to version 8.03.01.04.05.05-k
* Updated hptiop driver for HighPoint RocketRAID 3xxx/4xxx controllers to support for RR44xx adapters.
* Updated lpfc driver for Emulex Fibre Channel HBAs to version 18.104.22.168.3p.
* Updated mpt2sas driver that supports the SAS-2 family of adapters from LSI to version 02.101.00.00.
* Updated mptque base driver for devices using LSI Fusion MPT firmware to version 3.4.13rh.
* Updated megaraid_sas driver for LSI MegaRAID SAS controllers to version 4.17-RH1.
* Updated the hpilo driver for HP iLO/iLO2 management processors.
* Updated the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA).
* Updated the i2c device driver for the iic-bus interface to add support for the SB900 SMBus controller.
* Updated the mlx4 driver for Mellanox ConnectX HCA InfiniBand devices to version 1.4.1
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com).
Installable binary and source ISO images will be available at http://edelivery.oracle.com shortly.
If ISO images are needed before they are available on eDelivery, please request these via a Metalink service request.
For more information please visit http://linux.oracle.com
Enterprise Linux Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the El-errata