[El-errata] Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 4 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures
Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Wed Sep 9 16:30:53 PDT 2009
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 4 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64
(64 Bit) architectures.
This update includes the following kernel/driver changes:
Bug Fixes added by Oracle
* Check to see if hypervisor supports memory reservation change
* Add entropy support to igb [orabug 7607479]
* Convert ENETUNREACH to ENOTCONN [orabug 7689332]
* Add xen pv/bonding netconsole support [orabug 6993043]
* Shrink zone patch [orabug 6086839]
* Fix aacraid not to reset during kexec [orabug 8516042]
* Fix failure of file creation from hpux client [orabug 7579314]
Fixes/Additions from the upstream distribution provider
* A new tunable parameter /proc/sys/vm/max_writeback_pages has been added
to the kernel, allowing system administrators to change the maximum
number of modified pages kupdate writes to disk per iteration each time
it runs. It defaults to 1024 or 4MB so that a maximum of 1024 pages get
written out by each iteration of kupdate.
* A new option (CONFIG_TASK_IO_ACCOUNTING=y) has been added to kernel to
assist in monitoring IO statistics per process.
* The rd_blocksize option in kernel's ramdisk driver is removed.
* This release adds the kernel version details to oops and panic output.
* The serial_reg.h file is included in the kernel_headers rpm.
* Functionality has been added to sysrq-t to display backtrace information
about running processes.
* This update increases the maximum length of the kernel key field from the
arbitrary 32 character length set in previous kernels to 255 characters.
* This update addresses the security concern arising from non-root users
being able to create device nodes on filesystems exported using NFSD
(Network File System daemon).
* Added code to produce a signature file that GRUB performs a checksum
against during the boot process.
* Added code to change the DSA key from 512 bit to 1024 bit for module
* Asymmetric Logical Unit Access (ALUA) support in device-mapper-multipath
has been updated, adding explicit ALUA support for Clariion storage.
* Added support for raw devices. the initscripts packages is updated to
add functionality of raw devices.
* The -fwrapv variable added to GCC CFLAGS in order to define wrapping
The following portions of OpenFabrics Alliance Enterprise Distribution (OFED)
have been updated to the upstream version 1.4.1-rc3
* Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) headers
* Reliable Datagram Sockets (RDS) protocol
* Sockets Direct Protocol (SDP)
* SCSI RDMA Protocol (SRP)
* IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB)
Additionally, the following OFED drivers have been updated to the upstream
* cxgb3 and iw_cxgb3 drivers for the Chelsio T3 Family of network devices
* mthca-based InfiniBand HCA (Host Channel Adapter)
* qlgc_vnic driver
* igb driver updated to version 1.3.16-k2. This update also enables GRO
support for the igb driver.
* igbvf driver updated to provide Virtual Function support for Intel 82576
Gigabit Ethernet Controllers.
* ixgbe driver for Intel 10 Gigabit PBetaCI Express network devices updated
to version 2.0.8-k2. This update also enables GRO support for the ixgbe
* bnx2 driver updated to version 1.9.3
* tg3 driver updated to version 3.96.. This driver update adds support for
5785F and 50610M devices.
* cnic driver has been added, providing Internet Small Computer System
Interface (iSCSI) support for bnx2 network devices.
* bnx2x driver updated to version 1.48.105.
* bnx2i driver has been added, providing iSCSI support for bnx2x network
* cxgb3 driver updated to enable iSCSI TCP Offload Engines (TOE) and
Generic Receive Offload (GRO) support.
* Intel(r) I/O Acceleration Technology (Intel(r) I/OAT) updated to
* forcedeth ethernet driver for NVIDIA nForce devices updated to
* sky2 driver updated.
* enic driver updated to version 220.127.116.113.
* e1000e driver updated to the upstream version 1.0.2-k2.
* bonding driver updated to the latest upstream version. With this updated
driver, if IPv6 has been previously disabled (install ipv6 /bin/false
line in the /etc/modprobe.conf file) the bonding kernel module will fail
to load. The install ipv6 /bin/false line needs to be replaced with
options ipv6 "disable=1" for the module to load properly.
* bnx2 driver updated to support iSCSI .
* bnx2i version included in this release does not support IPv6
* md driver updated to provide support for bitmap merging.
* scsi driver includes the upstream scsi_dh_alua module which enables
explicit asymmetric logical unit access (ALUA) support with this release.
To utilize the scsi_dh_alua module when using dm-multipath, specify alua
as the hardware_handler type in multipah.conf.
* rdac_dev_list structure now includes md3000 and md3000i entries.
* resolved panic during iSCSI iBFT installations.
* cxgb3 driver updated to support iSCSI TOE devices ( cxgb3i driver
include doesnot support IPv6).
* new mpt2sas driver which supports the SAS-2 family of adapters from
* aacraid driver updated to version 1.1.5-2461.
* aic7xxx driver now features an increased maximum I/O size.
* cciss driver has been updated to include upstream fixes affecting memory
BAR discovery, the rebuild_lun_table and the MSA2012 scan thread.
* fnic driver updated to version 18.104.22.1689.
* ipr driver updated to support MSI-X interrupts.
* lpfc driver updated to version 22.214.171.124.
* MPT fusion driver updated to version 3.04.07rh v2.
* megaraid_sas driver updated to version 4.08-RH1.
* mvsas driver updated to version 0.5.4. This adds support for Marvell
RAID bus controllers MV64460, MV64461, and MV64462.
* qla2xxx driver updated to version 8.03.00.10.05.04-k, and now supports
Fibre Channel over Convergence Enhanced Ethernet adapters. qla24xx and
qla25xx firmwares included in the qla2xxx driver updated to
* qla4xxx driver with improved driver fault recovery.
* new qlge driver to provide ethernet support for QLogic FCoE 10GB adapters.
* i5400 driver updated with added support for Error Detection And Correction
* i2c driver for the iic-bus interface updated to support the AMD SB800
Family of products.
* i2c-piix4 driver updated to support the Broadcom HT1100 chipset.
* hpilo driver has been updated.
* dm9601 for Davicom Ethernet Adapters updated.
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com).
Installable binary and source ISO images will be available at http://edelivery.oracle.com shortly.
If ISO images are needed before they are available on eDelivery, please request these via a Metalink service request.
For more information please visit http://linux.oracle.com
Enterprise Linux Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the El-errata