[El-errata] Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 1 for x86 (32 bit)
and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Nov 26 16:31:29 PST 2007
Oracle is pleased to announce the general availability of Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 1 for x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit) architectures.
This update includes the following kernel changes:
Bug Fixes added by Oracle
* Add entropy module option to e1000 and bnx2 [ORA 6045759]
* Fix msi issue with kexec/kdump [ORA 6219364]
* Fix alloc_pages_node() static `nid' race made kernel crash [ORA6187457]
* Fix bad unlock_page() in error case [ORA 6263574]
* Fix error-path crashes in dio [ORA 6242289]
Fixes/Additions from upstream distribution provider
* Enhancement for Ext3 ( file system capacity has been extended beyond 8TB to a maximum of 16TB)
* Added Shared page tables support for hugetlb memory.
* The new sysfs parameter tick_driver option allows you to adjust the system clock rate while maintaining the same
visible HZ timing value to user space applications.
* Kernel boot line parameter mpath enables anaconda to detect, create, and install to dm-multipath devices.
* SAN disk device (Fibre Channel or iSCSI) is now supported as boot devices.
* Support added for nfsroot in this release.
* Installation / Boot for iSCSI software initiator (open-iscsi) supported in this release.
* Added function calls to set maximum read request size for PCIX and PCI-Express for PCI drivers
* Added support for SB600 SMBus
* Support added for I/OAT-enabled chipsets in e1000 driver.
* Support added for 5709 hardware in bnx2 driver.
* Added forcedeth-0.60 driver.
* Support added for NetXen 10GbE network cards in netxen_nic driver.
* Added support for Chelsio 10G Ethernet Network Controller.
* Added support for PCI error recovery to the s2io device.
* Broadcomm wireless ethernet driver now supports PCI ID for nx6325 card.
* fixed a bug that caused an ASSERTION FAILED error when attempting to start a BCM4306 via ifup.
* Added EEH PCI error recovery support for the Intel 10-gigabit ethernet card in ixgb driver .
* qla3xxx driver is enabled and updated to provide networking support for QLogic iSCSI adapters without using iSCSI.
* IPMI driver updated to be in sync with upstream version 188.8.131.52.
* Added PCI IDs for aic79xx driver.
* Added support for PRIMERGY RX800S2 and RX800S3 in aacraid driver.
* Emulex lpfc driver updated to version 184.108.40.206.
* Updated qla4xxx driver.
* Added support for Areca RAID controllers in arcmsr driver.
* 3w-9xxx module now support 3ware 9650SE.
* The CIFS client has been updated to version 1.48aRH.
* Added support for MODULE_FIRMWARE tags.
* Added support for ICH9 controllers.
* Add support for Greyhound processors in CPUID calls.
* Support added in Oprofile for new Greyhound performance counter events.
* The Intel graphics chipset is now supported through the DRM kernel module.
* ACPI power management have improved S3 suspend-to-RAM and S4 hibernate.
* Support added for implicit active-active failover using dm-multipath on EMC Clariion storage.
All packages are available via ULN (http://linux.oracle.com).
Installable binary and source ISO images will be available at http://edelivery.oracle.com shortly.
If ISO images are needed before they are available on eDelivery, please request these via a Metalink service request.
For more information please visit http://linux.oracle.com
Enterprise Linux Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the El-errata