[Coreutils-users] Running OCFS 1.2.5 on RHEL/IA64 what version of GNU file tools(cp, mv etc..) to use and where to get them

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Thu Oct 18 08:46:30 PDT 2007

Can you give some numbers?

We don't officially have odirect enabled coreutils as OCFS2 handles buffered
operations properly.

Having said that, we did go ahead and add similar functionality to cp/mv
in coreutils shipped with EL4 but it is still not clear whether this is
useful or not.
http://oss.oracle.com/~smushran/.coreutils/

Going forward, as in EL5, afair, gnu dd has the direct option. So no need
for custom packages.