[Coreutils-users] O_DIRECT enabled utilities on SUSE

henrik nielsen henrik.nielsen at oracle.com
Fri Feb 18 07:49:11 CST 2005

hi,

Customer has now installed the utilities for SUSE, but still gets permission denied.

What can be wrong ?

From customer:
I have just installed the updated fileutils rpm
(fileutils-4.1.11-107.1.i386.rpm) for SUSE 8 that i have downloaded from
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/coreutils/files/.
Still I get "Permission denied" when trying to copy i.e. the ocfs quorum.dbf
file when the RAC database is started. Commands that I have used are:
cp --o_direct /dbf/cluster/quorum.dbf /tmp
dd --o_direct if=/dbf/cluster/quorum.dbf of=/tmp/quorum.dbf
The version of ofcs is as follows:
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.21-138-smp-1.0.10-1
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1