[Coreutils-users] Re: [Ocfs-users] From OCFS to tape via tar (and back again)

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Sep 3 18:13:16 CDT 2004

not sure about sunspots, but as long as you do...
sync; sync; sync;
after tar -x, you should be fine.

bottomline, you have to flush the cache to disk.

considering o_direct is working during backups (does not work only
during restore), I see no problems with parallel backups... as in from
the filesystem point of view.