[Btrfs-devel] Updates for 2.6.25 pushed to btrfs-unstable

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Wed Feb 20 13:18:40 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I've updated the btrfs-unstable tree with a port to 2.6.25.  It also includes
a number of performance fixes over plain v0.12, and finally (thanks Yan) a
fix for data checksumming errors.

But, one of the recent performance fixes is an optimized version of the code
that creates the file data checksums, significantly reducing btree searches
and kmap calls.  It appears to be stable but I haven't put it through serious
testing, and I'm not quite daring enough to put it on my desktop yet.

There are no disk format changes since v0.12

-chris