[Btrfs-devel] fixes and speedups pushed to btrfs-unstable

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Fri Oct 19 11:16:28 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I've fixed the worst cpu usage problems with the new large blocksize
code, and included all the patches I've been sent so far (thanks Jens
for the start on the 32 bit code).  It is performing pretty well right
now, even 16k and 32k blocksizes.

The current code also passes basic tests on x86, there was one more
recursive kmap_atomic call I had to fixup.  I've got my homedirs on
this now on 16k blocksizes, and I'll hopefully clear out any new
problems quickly.

-chris