[Btrfs-devel] New btrfs-unstable trees available

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Tue Oct 16 06:05:54 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I've finally put out my large blocksize work.  This includes a number of
changes:

* Support for blocksizes larger than 4K

* Support for different leaf and node sizes

* Allocations are counted in bytes instead of blocks (required because
there is no one block size).

* New code to track free extents, both metadata and data block groups
are cached now.

* New defrag code

This involves a number of disk format changes, and I've got a few format
changes pending.  I've put them into two new HG trees:

http://oss.oracle.com/mercurial/mason/btrfs-unstable
http://oss.oracle.com/mercurial/mason/btrfs-progs-unstable

So far it has only been tested on x86-64.  I expect a number of minor
problems on i386.

-chris