[Btrfs-devel] Testing the filesystem in a semi productive environment

Toei Rei toei.rei at stargazer.at
Tue Aug 28 12:10:04 PDT 2007

Hello folks,

Just a small report from me. As I am not good at writing C code, I am testing
the btrfs (0.7) here on my gentoo box, having the portage on it. In case I
would lose any data, 'emerge --sync' would solve the problem.

Hope that helps a bit.

Here are some things I have noticed:

- the kernel module only builds against the actual kernel. In other words, I
have to rebuild my kernel modules, reboot and rebuild the btrfs module.

- module works in a hardened environment (pax, grsecurity, rsbac)

- overall performance is great, even on selinux

--
mfg

Toei Rei
STARGAZER systems