[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3.50 - Early Access for Google Android developers

bdb at oss.oracle.com bdb at oss.oracle.com
Mon Feb 11 11:51:29 PST 2008

Berkeley DB products continue to evolve rapidly.  As a replacement for our
limited access BETA programs we are starting a new Early Access program for
Berkeley DB products.  On our new Early Access site you will find
pre-release versions of our products ready for evaluation but not for
production use.  Questions about these releases can either be directed to me
or to the product specific forums on OTN.

The site is:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/early-access/

It does require registration with OTN and an agreement to abide by Oracle
standard BETA software practices and policies.  Please read the agreement
carefully.

We are pleased to announce that the first such early access release is a
specialized version of Berkeley DB Java Edition tailored to operate on the
Davlik JVM and Android environment provided by Google.  These features will
become formal features of Berkeley DB Java Edition in a future release.

Please read about the new Android integration on Charles Lamb's blog at:

http://blogs.oracle.com/charleslamb/2008/02/06#a126

This Early Access program will open up the BETA participation process for
future product releases and help us keep in closer contact with you, our
developer community, so that we can solve problems pre-release and avoid
patching as much as possible.  If you have suggestions or feedback on this
release or the Early Access program you are welcome to email me directly.

Cheers, and enjoy,

-greg

Gregory Burd                                     greg.burd at oracle.com
Product Manager, Berkeley DB/JE/XML              Oracle Corporation