Extend Inode Block
Marcos Matsunaga, Feb 09 2007.
The df output shows that a specific partition has enough space to create files, but when trying to create them, it fails with the message "No space left on device.".
The partition ran out of inode blocks and can't allocate a new one, since there is not enough contiguous bits available.
Create a script that does:
- Using debugfs.ocfs2, find out the device blocksize and clustersize.
- Compute the number of contiguous bits that are necessary to allocate a new block.
- Using debugfs.ocfs2, find out what files on that specific partition have the number of contiguous bits that can be removed to free up space.
- Let the user select which file to be removed.
- Remove the chosen file and touch two new files in the partition so that OCFS2 can allocate the new inode block.