Cluster Verification Utility
Xiaowei Sep.14th 2007
This yet-to-be-named tool is expected to read the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf and verify its contents. It will use ssh to ensure the validity of the hostnames and the ip addresses.
Content to verify
1. Effectivity of Identifiers,now including: node,cluster,ip_port,ip_address,number,name.
- The check will be non-case-sensitive.
2. Effectivity of values.
- For each node,the configure must define this five attributes : ip_port,ip_address,number,name and cluster.
- ip_port : should be a integer between 0 and 65535,or between 1024 and 65535 for stricter range.
- ip_address : should in the format of ipv4 address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,four parts of integer between 1 and 254.Also to check if one node is up or down.Just report it when a node is down.
- number : should be a integer,uniquely in one cluster.
- name : a hostname,obeying the host naming rules.And should be the same with the hostname read from the host.Use ssh to validate that.
- cluster : should obey the cluster naming rules,and the cluster should in one of the of cluster: sections.
- node_count : integer, should equal to the number of the nodes whose cluster=this cluster.name
- name : should obey the identifiers naming rules.
consistency of the cluster.conf files between nodes
- compare the configure file on up nodes with this machine running this script.If found newer version report it.
3. Data structures.
- Coding Complete,Send out to the ocfs2-tools-devel Mail list. Check attachment.