[rds-devel] Help with sample RDS RDMA code by Jon

Milind Dumbare milind at linux.com
Wed Feb 19 04:40:56 PST 2014

Hi,

I was trying to run sample example to to RDS RDMA communication. But I
can't make it work. Following thing works great on without "--rdma" on
rds_tcp stack. I do have infiniband and "rds_ping" is working on it.

If you have any other sample code which can run RDS RDMA please give me the
pointers.

On Server:
./a.out --rdma -s 192.168.16.2

On client
./a.out --rdma -s 192.168.16.2 -c 192.168.16.1

And the Client says it sent the packet over RDMA but Server prints blank
payload and then exits. While client is waiting on the recvmsg() call.

This is probably because of the following code

156: if (msg.msg_controllen) {
157:               rc = do_rdma_read(sock, &msg, buf);

Server never gets non-zero "msg.msg_controllen" and it never goes and runs "
do_rdma_read()".

Please help.

Thanks,
-Milind