[rds-devel] RDS 3.1 Wire Specification available

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Tue Nov 9 16:31:47 PST 2010

Hi all,

Now that RDS is being implemented on operating systems besides Linux, we
need documentation that is independent of any particular implementation.

Here is the initial version of the RDS wire specification.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/rds/dist/documentation/rds-3.1-spec.html

I'd very much appreciate any comments on this, especially any gaps or
places where further explanation is needed.

Also, the RDS socket interface is somewhat documented by the rds.7 and
rds-rdma.7 manpages included in the rds-tools package, but needs
updating, especially regarding cross-OS issues. I hope to make this
available soon.

Thanks -- Regards -- Andy