[rds-devel] RDS in OFED 1.5.2

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Tue Aug 3 07:01:19 PDT 2010

Andy,

               I have two simple RDS questions to ask you.

1.      In OFED 1.5.2 released last month, I don't see a newer version RDS included, it is still the version from OFED 1.5. I see you have a lot of changes in recent month, what is the reason these changes not to apply to OFED 1.5.2?

2.      Suppose a system has both user A and user B, A has a lot of processes opened RDS sockets among all the nodes and communicate each other. If B happens to know the port number of a B's process (or just randomly choose one), then user B can open an RDS socket and send message to user A's process to interfere A's communication. Is there a way to prevent this to happen in RDS level ? or you prefer RDS application to implement something to avoid it?

Thank you.

--CQ