[rds-devel] devel tree updated

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Aug 3 03:02:37 PDT 2010

Zach Brown wrote:
>> (Current mainline blockers:) * Zach being happy with rmmod
> For what it's worth, I don't think the layers of pre-existing rmmod bugs should stop pushing unrelated work to mainline.  They've always been there, and it isn't clear when we'll get to the bottom of them.
Yes, I agree with Zach.

There a well known quote of Linus saying something like rmmod was never
intended for production... The current situation of rds is that you guys
have quite a ton of patches which could be pushed and there's some rmmod
clean up work going, cool, but there's no need to wait with the push to
a point where this work "ends" since once one decides to deal with rmmod
there's always something to improve on that corner... I noticed that the
2.6.36 merge window opened on the weekend and there are still ~two
weeks. Could you push something?

Or.