[rds-devel] RDS Testing on iWARP

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Tue Oct 27 18:10:39 PDT 2009

Mikkel Hagen wrote:
>    The most pressing issue is that on the latest version of OFED (1.5
> RC1) on both vendors systems, both applications appear to hang
> immediately.  We tested a few months ago for OFED 1.4.1 and did not have
> this issue.  Both rds and rds_rdma kernel modules are loaded.  Running
> the rds-info command produces the following output:
>
> RDS IB Connections:
>      LocalAddr      RemoteAddr
> LocalDev                        RemoteDev
> rds-generic-tool: Unable get statistics: Protocol not available

Hi Mikkel,

I've determined this is an rds-tools issue. Since RDS is in the mainline
kernel now, we have an actual protocol family number now, and do not
need to do the "pf hack" to read it from /proc. The RDS code in 1.5
removes the proc entry entirely, so older versions of rds-tools
utilities will abort, instead of defaulting to the permanent PF number.

I don't see a blessed ofed_1_5 rds-tools git repo yet, so for now
git://git.openfabrics.org/~agrover/rds-tools.git can be used.

Thanks for reporting this.

Regards -- Andy