[rds-devel] RDS Testing on iWARP

Mikkel Hagen mhagen at iol.unh.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:35:27 PDT 2009

Hello all,
    We are running the OFA Interop Event here at the University of New
Hampshire and running into some problems with running the rds tests over
iWARP hardware.  The tests are pretty basic, utilizing the rds-ping and
rds-stress applications in OFED.  We are testing hardware from both
Chelsio and Intel(NetEffect).
    The most pressing issue is that on the latest version of OFED (1.5
RC1) on both vendors systems, both applications appear to hang
immediately.  We tested a few months ago for OFED 1.4.1 and did not have
this issue.  Both rds and rds_rdma kernel modules are loaded.  Running
the rds-info command produces the following output:

RDS IB Connections:
      LocalAddr      RemoteAddr
LocalDev                        RemoteDev
rds-generic-tool: Unable get statistics: Protocol not available

Can you provide any help? Thanks!

--
Mikkel Hagen
Research and Development