[rds-devel] crtest

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Feb 24 07:03:10 PST 2009

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Andy,
>>
>>                3. RDS with iWARP support - Steve Wise
>>
>>                               All of the latest updates pushed.  Will
>> begin testing with Oracle this week.
>>
>>                                              CRTEST on 4 node
>> cluster.  Testing normally takes a couple of weeks
>>
>>                                              Rupert asked about
>> updating test plans for April event
>>
>> Steve will try to supply some info.
>>
>> Some tests are in OFED release
>>
>> May have to go to Oracle directly for other tests
>>

> I saw this note from the ofa ewg meeting, and wasn't sure why crtest
> is mentioned, any reason not to use rds-stress as synthetic rds
> benchmark? I understood from Rick that crload/crtest aren't supported
> not needed any more, am I correct in that?
>
> Or.
>
> Or.
I've already ran rds-stress and another test tool from Oracle
(tkmivrpc).  I think its stable enough (with bcopy).  My next step is to
run over the Oracle RAC software.  Richard tells me crtest will do this:

--- snipit from Richard ---

crtest is a set of sql scripts which configure a small database and then
run between two RAC nodes
bouncing buffers between the Oracle caches in each instance.

It includes a performance monitoring tool and collects data which is
inserted into an excel spreadsheet.

Steve.