[rds-devel] rds_xx_process_recv() "fragmentation header mismatch"

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Feb 9 10:19:06 PST 2009

Can someone explain why this code is here:

        } else {
                hdr = &iwinc->ii_inc.i_hdr;
                /* We can't just use memcmp here; fragments of a
                 * single message may carry different ACKs */
                if (hdr->h_sequence != ihdr->h_sequence
                 || hdr->h_len != ihdr->h_len
                 || hdr->h_sport != ihdr->h_sport
                 || hdr->h_dport != ihdr->h_dport) {
                        rds_iw_conn_error(conn,
                                "fragment header mismatch; forcing
reconnect\n");
                        return;
                }
        }

I hit this sometimes when running rds-stress and the transport
connection hasn't yet been setup.

Thanx,

Steve