[rds-devel] RDS RDMA simple sample program

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Sep 11 08:08:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:51:07AM -0600, Peter W. Morreale wrote:
> Jon
>
> Just heard about RDS, searched Google and found your post, thanks for
> your sample program.  I have OFED 1.3 installed and I can't seem to find
> "ib_rds.h", nor can I find and includes that define 'struct
> rds_rdma_args'.

The ib_rds.h file is in the RDS kernel source.  Unfortunately, this
information is needed by user applications but is not currently exported.
I saw that rds-stress was making a local copy of that header file and
copied that behavior.

> I can and did modify /etc/infiniband/openib.conf and restarted to load
> the rds kmp.
>
> Is RDS improperly installed?

To verify that you have a working setup, I would recommend using
rds-ping (which is installed as part of the rds-tools in OFED).

> What do I need to do to get this compiled and operating?

Copying the header file should be sufficient.

Thanks,
Jon