[rds-devel] What is the status of RDS in OFED 1.4?

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Mon Oct 27 12:14:27 PDT 2008

Tziporet Koren wrote:

> Can you update me what is the status of RDS in OFED 1.4?
> Can we say that RDMA API is GA with OFED 1.4?

GA = stable? I need to investigate, I'll have an answer by tomorrow for you.

> Also - there are several open bugs assigned to you - can you update
> their status and if you are going to fix them for OFED 1.4
> 1262    	cri  	P3  	Othe  	andy.grover at oracle.com
> NEW  	  	congestion hang with RDS

Not a regression (happens in 1.3 too), workaround, won't be fixed for
1.4, hopefully in 1.4.1.

> 1301    	maj  	P3  	RHEL  	andy.grover at oracle.com
> NEW  	  	Can not load rds module on RH4 up7

Needs a backport patch for atomic_cmpxchg. I detailed what it needs to
add in the bug.

> 1261    	nor  	P3  	Othe  	andy.grover at oracle.com
> NEW  	  	send completion with status 12

Not a regression, won't be fixed in 1.4, hopefully in 1.4.1.

> 1306 	nor 	P3 	All 	andy.grover at oracle.com 	NEW
> rds-tools tests does not work on 32-bit architectures

Investigating this one. I need to setup a 32bit install to test on...

Regards -- Andy