[rds-devel] rds-tools update

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Fri Nov 21 15:31:51 PST 2008

Hi all,

I've moved the rds-tools git tree, and updated it. Its new location is:

git://git.openfabrics.org/~agrover/rds-tools.git

(i.e. no longer under ofed_1_x directories)

I've also made some non-code updates:

Added examples/. It currently contains Jon Mason's code posted to the
list back in August. It may be useful as a straightforward example of
how to use RDS sockets.

Added docs/. The kernel code has some big comment blocks but some
higher-level documentation on the RDS interface and internals would be
nice. Olaf wrote the newly-added docs. There are some missing sections,
so I hope to fill these in over time.

Added stap/. After spending time climbing the learning curve, I'm
impressed by SystemTap, and hopeful that it can be useful to find bugs
as well as performance profiling. The rds.stp script here is extremely
rudimentary, but I hope to expand it into a proper tapset that makes RDS
tracing easier than it is today.

Finally, I will be out all next week on vacation and the US Thanksgiving
holiday.

Regards -- Andy