[rds-devel] IB/iWARP code separation

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Nov 4 03:28:34 PST 2008

Andy Grover wrote:
> It's not accurate to think that the iwarp rdma patch was done, and all it needed to be perfect was to be split up and reviewed. There's a fair amount of more work to do, and giving it its own transport is the best way to let its development proceed without hindrance.
I understand this now much better with the points Rick brought, however,
before his email I had no clue this is the situation, from just reading
the change-logs of Jon's patches and the email communication it was
never mentioned, just "things work", "things work with minor/major
problem", etc.

> Why don't we see where things stand in a month or so.
sounds good. So these two transports would be pushed in a duplicated
code manner to ofed 1.4.1 and in later versions might reunite to form
major code sharing?

Or.