[rds-devel] testing with RDS on the mainline kernel

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Wed May 14 07:56:54 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:16:54 Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> I need to test with RDS on the mainline kernel for some rdma-cm feature
> I work on and have problems building/loading it into 2.6.26-rc2 (using the
> --rds-- code from the linux-2.6 git tree of open-fabrics, which I assume is
> in sync with your tree?!). The following two patches fix the compilation errors
> but I am remained with call to move_addr_to_kernel() which is not exported. How
> does it work on older kernels? is this function being exported there? any idea
> how to avoid this problem?

Indeed, it seems it's no longer exported in 2.6.26 :-( I guess all you
can do here is do a copy-and-paste and send email to netdev.

af_rds.c: In function `rds_create':
af_rds.c:419: warning: passing arg 1 of `sk_alloc' makes pointer from integer without a cast
af_rds.c:419: warning: passing arg 3 of `sk_alloc' makes integer from pointer without a cast
af_rds.c:419: warning: passing arg 4 of `sk_alloc' makes pointer from integer without a cast

It seems sk_alloc also needs this &init_net pointer.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax