[rds-devel] dma_sync [was: Has anyone tried RDS on IA64 Linux?]

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sun May 4 22:47:17 PDT 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
>> isn't RDS_FRAG_SIZE needed here and not PAGE_SIZE?
>
> I think you're not allowed to call dma_sync() on fragments of the
> memory you mapped previously. So as this is a whole page we mapped,
> we also have to sync the entire page.
I see, in that case you also sync the buffer over which the next
fragment is going to be received before/during its reception by the HCA,
I think this is not allowed either.

Maybe the way to go here is to move into doing dma_map/sync in a single
fashion over each fragment and not over pages which were carved to
fragments, etc?

> But as per your other comments on dma_sync - shouldn't this be a
> sync_single_for_cpu call here?
sure

Or.