[rds-devel] Running rds-stress on multiple machines

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Thu Jul 31 15:29:29 PDT 2008

Jon Mason wrote:
> I am running rds-stress as a test tool to harden RDS iWARP support.
> The rds-stress man page seems to imply that it is possible to connect
> to multiple systems in a single test run.  However this does not seem
> to be working.  If I pass multiple "send addresses" to rds-stress, I
> do not see any errors.  However, only the last system specified in
> the command is connected to.

Hi Jon,

rds-stress doesn't appear to support connecting to multiple systems at
once, currently. If there is ambiguity in the man page then we should
clear it up, where did you see this hinted at?

Have you tried running more than 1 rds-stress concurrently? That might
be a way to work around this.

Regards -- Andy