[rds-devel] getting rds to work under mainline kernel

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 15 06:33:07 PDT 2008

> # rds-info
> rds-generic-tool: Unable get statistics: Protocol not available
>
> it seems to fail on the first call to getsockopt with 10007 (RDS_INFO_TCP_SOCKETS),
> see the strace output below (28 is the correct PF as I see a "NET: Registered protocol
> family 28" print in the dmesg whe the rds module gets loaded)

OK, I see now that the only problematic flag is -T as -cknrst works, see below

I wonder what does

RDS Sockets:
      BoundAddr BPort        ConnAddr CPort     SndBuf     RcvBuf
        0.0.0.0     0         0.0.0.0     0      59392      59392

means?

Or.

# rds-info -cknrst

Counters:
              CounterName            Value
               conn_reset                0
   recv_drop_bad_checksum                0
        recv_drop_old_seq                0
        recv_drop_no_sock                0
      recv_drop_dead_sock                0
       recv_deliver_raced                0
           recv_delivered                0
              recv_queued                0
     recv_immediate_retry                0
       recv_delayed_retry                0
        recv_ack_required                0
          recv_rdma_bytes                0
                recv_ping                0
         send_queue_empty                0
          send_queue_full                0
      send_sem_contention                0
     send_sem_queue_raced                0
     send_immediate_retry                0
       send_delayed_retry                0
          send_drop_acked                0
        send_ack_required                0
              send_queued                0
                send_rdma                0
          send_rdma_bytes                0
                send_pong                0
       page_remainder_hit                0
      page_remainder_miss                0
             copy_to_user                0
           copy_from_user                0
       cong_update_queued                0
     cong_update_received                0
          cong_send_error                0
        cong_send_blocked                0

RDS Sockets:
      BoundAddr BPort        ConnAddr CPort     SndBuf     RcvBuf
        0.0.0.0     0         0.0.0.0     0      59392      59392

RDS Connections:
      LocalAddr      RemoteAddr           NextTX           NextRX Flg

Receive Message Queue:
      LocalAddr LPort      RemoteAddr RPort              Seq      Bytes

Send Message Queue:
      LocalAddr LPort      RemoteAddr RPort              Seq      Bytes

Retransmit Message Queue:
      LocalAddr LPort      RemoteAddr RPort              Seq      Bytes