[rds-devel] New RDS patches - ready to be pulled

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Fri Feb 15 08:38:52 PST 2008

I've committed my current RDS patch set to my git trees, ready to be
merged - provided it is still acceptable to merge them into OFED 1.3
at this point in time.

The patches are on branch code-drop-20080215 of
www.openfabrics.org:/pub/scm/~okir/ofed_1_3/linux-2.6.git
www.openfabrics.org:/pub/scm/~okir/ofed_1_3/rds-tools.git

Changes for RDS:
   RDS: Improve congestion control
   RDS: Don't hog the CPU in send_xmit
   RDS: Prevent oops in rds_ib_remove_one
   RDS: Remove RDMA barriers
   RDS: Introduce hard limit for number of MRs
   RDS: Change some variables to atomic_t
   RDS: Improve robustness of the RDS FMR cache
   RDS: Fix error return in rds_cmsg_rdma_map
   RDS: Release MRs allocated with CMSG_RDMA_MAP
   RDS: Rename rds_rdma_notify to rds_rdma_unuse
   RDS: Drain in-flight RDMAs at socket close
   RDS: Propagate remote access errors to the user
   RDS: implement error queue for failed RDMAs
   RDS: implement enhanced notifications for RDMA completion
   RDS: In the send CQ handler, check WR opcode instead of WC opcode
   RDS: Do not attempt to send ACKs when conn is down
   RDS: Fix IB send ring accounting

Changes for rds-tools:
    Added a .gitignore file
    Add a manual page describing the RDS zerocopy interface
    Implement congestion monitoring through control messages
    rds-stress: remove RDS barriers
    rds-stress: retry connect()
    rds-stress: Make --rdma-use-once=0 work with CMSG_MAP
    rds-stress: add --show-params
    rds-stress: Clarify some RDMA tracing messages
    rds-stress: use new RDMA notifcations

Regards,
Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax