[rds-devel] netperf patch to support RDS

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Oct 31 06:19:57 PDT 2007

Zach Brown wrote:
> Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> Can someone point me to an "official" netperf patch that enhances it to
>> support RDS?

> The only netperf patch I know of was sent to rds-devel a while ago.
> http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/rds-devel/2007-January/000053.html
> I never used it, myself.

Indeed, I understood that this patch is not really working.

>> Basically, it would be better if all RDS users would work with the same
>> patch to netperf, and eventually this patch is merged into netperf.
>
> Yup, and that requires someone who knows netperf and rds to get it going.

Without netperf RDS support there's no single standalone tool which
allows one to compare RDS to UDP performance, which is bad, I think.

If removing the restriction on the tool to be standalone, what about
crload etc programs which in past provided by Oracle along with the RAC
IPC library so one can compare the performance of RDS to UDP for Oracle
IPC through synthetic tool and without the need to set a data-base, is
this available somehow - Rick?

Or.