[rds-devel] RDS-HA

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 29 02:02:26 PST 2006

Or Gerlitz wrote:

> With Oracle/RDS being an open source project, lets move to do all
> rds devel related communication over this list.

Carl from Cisco & Vlad from Mellanox just started to work on RDS. We all
going to use this mailing list. Are you going to work on RDS too?
In a meeting we had with Oracle this week Zach said there is some patch
from you (Or) that is required.
Maybe he meant for the bonding but he said something about patch to CMA.

> Now with the linux bonding driver scheme, if there is now an available
> active slave in the bond that groups IPoIB devices (eg ib0 and ib1)
the
> second connection establishment would be carried out "over" this slave
> and the same RDS socket can now be served by the new IB RC connection.
> Zach - am i describing well what's going on?

I think the HA scripts that exists now are doing the same so it might
work with them too (before the bonding module is in)

Tziporet

Tziporet