[Php-devel] Requesting php-mbstring for PHP 5.3.3

Christopher Jones christopher.jones at oracle.com
Wed Jan 5 17:01:02 PST 2011

Hi Eduardo,

To confirm what we discussed on the phone, it would be better to find
out what Apple is doing with PHP before making a recommendation.  If
they are using RUEI, they should follow RUEI's instructions.  If they
are using PHP for other important projects, they could consider using
Zend Server.  See
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/php/zend-server-096314.html
(which has been updated with VirtualBox information since we spoke).

Regards,

Chris