[Oracleasm-users] Compiling oracleasm from source ....

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Jun 15 20:46:46 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:14:15PM -0400, Peter Larsen wrote:
> Nope - ieee1394 is disabled/not installed as a module. I've had issues
> before using the src RPMs for the kernel from redhat; I always build it
> from scratch, using the .config from redhat.

	Even in the -unsupported RPM?  They package (IIRC) the
"unsupported" modules in a separate RPM so you can play but a default
install won't have 'em.

> gulp - I guess you're the developer here? <grumpy> well, I need to find
> myself a kernel version that will do OCFS2 and oracleasm - what would
> you suggest?

	OCFS2 1.2.whatever should build against older kernels, shoudln't
it?  It tries, for sure.
	Yes, I can understand you are grumpy, but it's non-trivial to
make the new kernels work.  Well, it's trivial to make the new kernels
work, it's non-trivial to have one source tree that handles both new and
old kernels via configure.  It's a time constraint.  It will eventually
get done :-P

Joel

--

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so."
        -Douglas Adams

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle