[Oracleasm-users] Installing ASMLIB on RHEL3.0

Irshad Buchh ibuchh at ccis.ksu.edu.sa
Tue Dec 28 09:11:44 CST 2004

Hi,

I am having a box running RHEL 3.0 (got from centos.org). I have Oracle 10g
running ok. Now I tried to install ASMLIB downloaded from technet. The files
are:

rpm -Uvh oracleasm-2.4.21-EL-1.0.3-1.i686.rpm \
	oracleasmlib-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm \
	oracleasm-support-1.0.3-1.i386.rpm \

When I tried to install these files, I got the following error:

Checking for Red Hat enterprise kernel:                    [FAILED]

Also when I try to run /etc/init.d/oracleasm , I get the same error

Checking for Red Hat enterprise kernel:                    [FAILED]

Am I having the right set of files.

Irshad.