[Oracleasm-devel] oracleasm into vanilla kernel

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Aug 22 12:36:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 06:33:59PM +0200, Bjoern Boschman wrote:
> had someone already tried to introduce the asmlib kernel stuff into the
> mainstream kernel?

	Do you mean make it compile, or actually have Linus include it?
Regarding the former, I update it against mainline when I have time.  If
it's not compiling, let me know.  For the latter, as oracleasm isn't
good for anything but asmlib, there really isn't a point in having it
part of mainline.  I don't think they'd accept it.

Joel

--

"There is shadow under this red rock.
 (Come in under the shadow of this red rock)

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com