[Oracleasm-announce] oracleasm kernel drivers on SLES 11

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Mon Jun 15 10:57:31 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
	I've recently seen a few questions come up regarding the
oracleasm kernel drivers on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11.
SLES11 ships the drivers with the operating system.  There is a wrapper
'oracleasm' package and a kernel driver package named
'oracleasm-kmp-<flavor>', where "flavor" is the kernel flavor, such as
'default', 'pae', xen', etc.
	These packages are on the SLES11 media and are available via
YAST Online Update.  You still need the oracleasm-support and
oracleasmlib packages from otn.oracle.com.

Joel

--

"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns, and
 women join the unqualified men in running our overnment."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com