[Olt-users] bug-msgrcv failure

Thompson, James james.thompson at hp.com
Tue Mar 20 14:33:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm getting a failure on the bug-msgrcv test.  My guess is that this is
a known issue with a known upgrade/patch solution. I can't seem to find
it.  I've run the bug-msgrcv program on several machines (a mix of AMD,
Intel, RHEL, SLES) all with 2.6.X kernels; They all fail.  I ran it on a
32 bit RHAT installation on A 64bit machine and it passed.

This must be a known problem.  Does anyone know the solution?

thanks,
-James

My testrun.log file looks like this:

INFO: Changing to directory
/opt/oracle/oltest/olts/.srchome/customtests/bugtests/bug5609903
Info: Compiling test program on target machine  - gcc -m32 -o
./bug-msgrcv ./bug-msgrcv.c -lrt -Wall
Executing test ./bug-msgrcv now
max msgrcv size is 65519 or 0x0000FFEF
INFO:Test failed
 INFO:required size was 2147483647 but got 65519
 Error: Test failed

real    0m0.243s
user    0m0.051s
sys     0m0.034s