[Ocfs2-users] Server hang after error

Xavier Diumé xdiume at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:51:34 PDT 2011

We have two servers with Debian 6.0.  Both have multipath and iscsi lun's
from Equallogic.
All volumes are in a cluster named kvmcluster.
It was working well but after an iscsiadm login on first server we got:
Kernel Panic - not syncing : ocfs2 (device dm-18 panic forced after error)
Server will reboot after 30 seconds...

But the server didn't reboot. We have to shutdown manually.

The system is virtualizing some systems and obviously all of them got down.

/proc/sys/kernel/panic
30
/proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_oops
1

Why the system didn't reboot? We have to configure something else?
Which problem may cause an ocfs2 error?

Thanks,
--
Xavier Diumé