[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 3

David Johle djohle at industrialinfo.com
Thu Sep 17 08:33:36 PDT 2009

At 02:00 PM 5/5/2009, ocfs2-users-request at oracle.com wrote:
>         The mainline linux kernel developers have decided that CDSLs are
>not something they will accept.  As such, ocfs2 in mainline does not
>support them, and production ocfs2 1.4 and later do not either.
>         The recommended solution from the kernel developers is bind
>mounts.  You can set those up on your own system via startup scripts.
>
>Joel Becker
>Principal Software Developer
>Oracle
>E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com
>Phone: (650) 506-8127

So here I am once again trying to eliminate the use of CDSLs so that
I can upgrade past 1.2.x, and I'm finding myself stuck.

I have made use of bind mounts for entire directories that were
node-specific via CDSL.  However, I have yet to find an alternative
for a CDSL that points at a single file.  I've been re-working
applications configs and all to reduce depency on CDSL and/or bind
mounts, but I've gotten down to only TWO files left which use a
CDSL.  And, due to the nature of the application and configuration
file I cannot figure a way around the CDSL.

Has anyone else gone through this process of getting away from
specific file CDSLs?  If so, what did you do?